Re-Tweet via Twitter

Monday, April 11, 2011

Bicyclist hit and killed on Carson Street in Long Beach

This posting is about a cyclist who was hit by a motorist and died as a result of his injuries on Friday March 18 in Long Beach. His name is Leonardo Antonio Florez. I don't know if he was saved or not as I didn't know him personally, but the accident happened on the route of our Friday company bike ride. He was riding in the dark hours without any lights whatsoever, and as a cyclist I know how dangerous this can be. It also made me think about the the fact that everyone needs Jesus and that we never know when our life will end. The Bible says....
1 Peter 1:24-25
Because "All flesh is as grass, And all the glory of man as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, And its flower falls away, But the word of the LORD endures forever." Now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you.

If you are reading this and you don't know Jesus or you are unsure if you are saved I urge you to take a minute and pray the below prayer and get plugged-in to a local fellowship that teaches the Bible.

“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

This link is for accident details and location:
http://findmyaccident.com/california/2011/03/24/bicyclist-leonardo-antonio-florez-56-hit-and-killed-on-carson-street-in-long-beach/

No comments:

Post a Comment